Friday, September 10, 2010

Lovin' the Ladies Lunch!

Today, I had the great pleasure of having lunch with one of my friends from my knitting group.  She was kind enough to go out and get lunch for us and have it waiting when I got to her house.  We spent the time gabbing (of course!), and I got to meet her new kitten (she thinks she's going to name her Chloe).  The kitten was beyond cute and would just run, jump, play, and explore.  Then, all of a sudden, she was just tuckered out...sooo cute!  I forget how tiny kittens/cats can be because we pretty much have a mountain lion at home (Moose, who lives up to his name).  Holding Chloe felt like no weight at all! :)

The other fun part of lunch...my friend, who enjoys quilting/sewing in addition to knitting is also going to sew a purse for me.  When I got to her house, she had her entire fabric stash laid out on the dining room table, so I could pick the fabric for my purse.  I was like a kid in a candy store!!  I basically chose two different color schemes and told her to pick one and surprise me.  I seriously cannot wait to see the finished purse!!

Having such a fun lunch with a wonderful friend really brightened my day and just made my afternoon go so much better.  If you have the chance, do yourself a favor and try to do a ladies lunch with a good friend(s) sometime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment