Sunday, September 19, 2010

So. Much. Progress!

As I mentioned in a previous post, I'm participating in a "spin from the bottom" spin-along (SAL) on Raverly.  I now have 3 more handspun skeins to share!

 First up, is ~330 yds (4.8 oz) of South African Fine wool, dyed by Pigeonroof Studios in the "Carnivale colorway.  This is a worsted weight 2-ply and is soft and squishy.  SAF was a pleasure to spin as well!


Next, is ~110 yds (2 oz.) of bulky weight woolen-spun "Flying Monkey Batt" from The Wicked Stitch.  My friend and fellow spinner, Erin gave me this batt.  It has wool, alpaca, silk, soy silk, angelina, and bamboo all blended in it.  This was the perfect chance to practice my woolen spinning technique.  The resulting yarn is super light and fluffy, and it became amazingly more consistent upon plying (all things typical of woolen spun yarns).

And, finally, I'm proud to present ~340 yds (4 oz) worsted weight organic merino, dyed by me (Doodlebug Dyeworks) at Yarn School this spring in colorway "Laughter."  (I know there is nothing in the etsy shop, and I hope to remedy that soon!).  This organic merino is soooo soft!  Like a kitten's belly!  Such fun to spin something I dyed myself :)

On top of that, I started my rag quilt today.  I have 3 of 11 rows sewn already.  I am going to have to consult some friends at work regarding seaming the rows together.  I tried, and it came out a bit wonky.  So, I ripped the seam out and will have to try again after a few more instructions.

And, last but not least, I'm so excited to report that I put on a pair of jeans today that fit perfectly!  One month ago, I couldn't even really button these jeans (or if I did, I couldn't breathe).  I haven't lost a lot poundage-wise, but those inches must be going away for stuff to start to fit differently.  Hurrah!

No comments:

Post a Comment